We are loving this Spring weather. Mike got to grill for the second time this month! This meal was a joint effort, Mike manned the grill and I made the salad. We cooked beef tenderloin steaks,vs. strip steak, which were super moist and tender. You'll be surprised at how easy and delicious this dinner will be. It should serve four, but the two of us ate the whole plate! Hope you enjoy this spring meal as much as we did. Oh, by the way, some of you might have seen a sneak peek of the salad on Mike's Facebook page. These are pics I took, hope you like them too.
Beef Tenderloin Steak
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce (reduce sodium)
- Salt & pepper
Steak was drizzled and rubbed with Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce then place into a Tupperware container. This was allowed to marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Allow meat to come to room temperature and salt/pepper before grilling. Grill meat on med-high direct heat for 5 minutes on each side, then 5 minutes over indirect flames until your desired done (i.e. rare...well). To ensure you have moist, juicy meat, rest the meat at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- 2-4 Cups of washed organic baby spinach
- 1/2 english cucumber (thin sliced, then halved)
- 6 strawberries (halved or quartered depending on size)
- 1/4 pint of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Pignolia nuts (a.k.a. pine nuts)- a handful of nuts, can be toasted
- Candied lemon peel (see food blog from Dec 7, 2012)
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Marinade/dressing for salad: 2 tablespoons (tbsp) agave nectar or honey, 2 tbsp Olive olive, 1 tbsp Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, zest of 1/2 lemon, salt, pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for salad dressing. Add cucumbers, allow to marinade while meat is grilling.
- On a large serving dish, assemble spinach, tomatoes, strawberries. Lightly sprinkle with candied lemon peel, pine nuts, and Gorgonzola cheese.
- After the meat has rested, slice and then place down the center of the salad. Top with marinated cucumbers and spoon dressing on to taste.