Hello Everyone! Although today's post is short and simple, hopefully that doesn't equate to boring. Case and point: This salad is super quick and easy to make, but the array of tastes in the dill cucumber salad are superb. The acid of the lemon and onion are balanced by the sweetness in the ricotta and agave nectar.
This dill cucumber salad will be a delightful accompaniment on the Easter buffet, or when the summer heat arrives it will offer a cool reprieve to the kitchen.
Hope you enjoy! Here's to good food and gladness!
CLICK HERE for a printer friendly recipe Recipe inspired from mostlynoodles.com
Ingredients for Dill Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers- English, pickling, or (4)lemon cucumbers varieties will work
- 1/4 red or white onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup (about 1/2 lemon) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1-2 pinches each of Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ricotta cheese, drained in a cheesecloth
Directions for Dill Cucumber Salad
- Thinly slice the cucumber and onion using a mandolin, food processor, or knife. Place into a medium sized lidded bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine oil, lemon juice, zest, agave nectar, and water. Whisk to blend. Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Add dill to bowl of cucumbers. Seal lid on bowl and shake to toss ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least one hour, up to 12 hours. Prior to serving add pieces of ricotta cheese.