I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect for being outside and grilling. As you can see, Mike and I grilled some chicken breasts and ears of corn. For a little twist I added cilantro-lime butter. The flavored butter was super simple to make and added a nice hint of lime and cilantro. I don't know about you, but I love easy recipes that will take you dinner up to the next notch.
Yes, today's post is short and sweet, but that will give you more time in the kitchen :)
Here's to good food and gladness!
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lime Butter (for 2-4 ears of corn)
- 1/4 stick of butter, slightly softened
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- small pinch of salt & pepper
- pinch of paprika and chili powder
Directions for Cilantro-Lime Butter
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl. Using a fork, mix together.
- Allow the cilantro lime butter to firm in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Using 2 spoons or melon baller, form round pats. Serve on hot grilled corn.
*hint: prior to grilling the corn, pull back the husks, rinse the corn to remove the silk, then place in a large pot of water to soak both the corn and the husks to prevent burning.